Piemonte Doc Film Fund is the first Film Fund in Italy exclusively dedicated to supporting documentaries. Established in 2007, it is the evolution of the initiatives taken by Regione Piemonte since 1996 and by Film Commission Torino Piemonte from 2000, respectively, to support documentary film and video production.
Piemonte Doc Film Fund aims at:
- supporting documentary projects produced by companies and film-makers based in Piemonte - for both stories and topics rlinked to the territory, and aexternal projects, related to other regions or countries;
- supporting documentary projects produced by national and internation companies -
- for stories and topics related to the Piemonte region, involving local companies and professionals, subject to finding a company based in Piemonte as a partner/co-producer (you can contact Film Commission Torino Piemonte for lists and contacts, or see here).
In both cases, the Fund is aimed at encouraging co-production ventures between local and national or international companies, pursuing the growth of documentary-making in Piemonte, from both artistic and industrial point of view, as well as acting as an incentive for new filmmakers and trends, fostering documentary visibility and distribution through different channels as festival, screenings, TV channels, digital platforms.
Piemonte Doc Film Fund offers support to one or both of the following stages:
- Project development (research, writing, teaser or promo production, fund-raising, search of co-productions and advance sales);
- Production (shooting in Piemonte / Post-production at local studios)
Applications may be submitted twice a year (deadlines on June and December). A reply is guaranteed within 60 days. International applicants require a Piemonte-based company as a partner/co-producer.
Application form is only in Italian version (see the Italian page of Piemonte Doc Film Fund here).